I've been going through Susannah Conway's Unravelling the Year Ahead Workbook to uncover my longings for this year. After much soul searching, I decided my word for the year would be DISCOVER. It encompasses my passion to learn, grow and become. Out of that, I've chosen some goals I want to accomplish in 2013:
- Plan fun dates: I'd like to be more creative with our dates this year; turn them into adventures.
- Take daily walks: Whether it's at the gym or a nature path, I want to get into the habit of walking daily. My mind and body need this.
- Read 20 books: I love to read, so this is a fun just-for-me goal.
- Run a race: I've never run a race in my life and it's something I want to pursue. I also think having this goal will keep me accountable to strengthening my body.
- Be daring with photos: I want to get better at photography and creatively styling my photos.
- Study love: I want to devote this year to studying love and learning to love well. It's odd, but I enjoy research like this.
- Change one bad habit: I haven't decided which habit to rid myself of yet, but I'm leaning towards nail biting.
- Attend a blog conference: Just because it sounds fun!
- Paint with stickers: This may sound odd, but I've got some fun ideas up my sleeve.
- Eat home-cooked meals: Last year we got into a bad habit of eating out more than necessary. This year I want to plan meals and have the majority of them at home together.
- Write an e-course: I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I'll share more about it later on.
- Explore new places: There're so many fantastic places I've yet to visit right here in my town and surrounding areas. I want to explore them!
Wishing you a Happy New Year full of hope and possibility! Are you setting goals or dreaming dreams for 2013?