I thought it'd be fun to share the process of painting my guitar girl, and her many hairstyle changes.
1. I cut out a dummy face to find good head placement. I wanted her to be seen when played.
2. I painted the background, added a few layers then gessoed the face and neck.
3. I added more layers to the background with stamps and various materials. She began as a blonde.
4. To add more hair dimension I put in multiple colors, but the look was too much. I didn't like it.
5. I painted white over the whole thing and actually loved it that way. But it had an unfinished look and I couldn't quite get past the cartoon feel.
6. I decided to go curly instead of spiky and so the next phase was brown, short and curly. But it seemed too stagnant, I wanted more movement. (Sorry I didn't get a good picture of it, just the edge)
7. I eventually realized I wanted long, flowing hair running under the strings with lyrics woven through. This became my final hairstyle and it felt juuust right.
Hope you enjoyed getting to see the steps! You can see the guitar in full here.