1. What interested you in blog design?
I've been blogging since about 2007, when I owned my bath and body company. I always like things really customized and specific, so from the beginning I took it upon myself to learn HTML so I could edit a blog template how I wanted it. I love blogging and the whole blogging world, so the two just fit together. However, I do want to explore a lot of other design projects than just blog design.
2. What one thing stands out to you when you open the home page of someone's blog?
Well, the banner, obviously, is the first thing you see. I always notice if things look very well put together, organized and if everything is in a sort of "brand".
3. What's the first thing you'd advise someone to change to spice up their blog?
Hire a designer? Haha! Seriously, though, I don't know because there are so many different factors that make a "good" blog to me. It's not just the design. Some people have really successful blogs with incredibly simple, non-custom designs. It's a combination of good content, consistency, and an aesthetic that matches.
4. Are you a lurker or commenter?
I go through phases! For all of November, December and January I commented all the time, and then I just liked to read and lurk and not comment. Now I'm just hopping back into commenting.
5. What's your favorite fingernail polish color?